Re: take screen shot error

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 09:48:37PM +0800, lina wrote:
> On Monday 02,January,2012 09:02 PM, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> >On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 04:33:18PM +0800, lina wrote:
> >>Impossible to save the screenshot to file:///home/lina/Desktop.
> >>  Error was GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
> >>The name org.gnome.Nautilus was not provided by any .service files.
> >>  Please choose another location and retry.
> >>
> >>Thanks for any suggestions,
> >I just have a little script bound to the Print Screen key.
> >I understand you are using XFCE, within which there is a
> >means of binding keys through some graphical interface, I believe.
> >(I use openbox, so just added the binding in my rc.xml).
>
> It took me a bit longer to understand. Well.. I copied your script
> and put it into /usr/local/bin/screeny
>
> The scrot can work great.
>
> Just a little thing, I don't have rc.xml, seems,

You won't have one unless you use openbox or LXDE.
Somewhere in your XFCE prefs or configs there is a graphical program
that will allow you to add keybindings.
I do not recall where it is.  I have played with XFCE, but have never
used it regularly.
It's handy to have such a script bound to a key.
Of course, you can always use scrot from the cli.
:~$ scrot -d (second of delay) filename.png
or something (delay to minimize terminal, or whatever).
Having it bound to a key is nice, because when watching a movie or
something, I can just smack the key and get a screengrab.

./tony

--
http://www.tonybaldwin.net
All Tony, all the time!