Re: open the icedove mail link in iceweasel

On Tuesday 03,January,2012 12:05 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 22:59:49 +0800, lina wrote:

I wish to open the link in icedove by iceweasel, now opens by epiphany.
Is Iceweasel set as your system default browser?
Yes. but I still keep the Epiphany. you know, to be careful.
following the http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28635

I did:

To config thunderdird to use firefox for it's links: In icedove
Edit->Preferences
then go:
Advanced->General

Click on 'Config Editor' and on editor check for a key:
network.protocol-handler.app.http
(you can make it if it doesn't exist) RIghtClick on the Config Editor
Background and
As with Firefox
1. From the pop-up menu, select "New".
2. From the next pop-up menu, select "String".
3. In the pop-up dialog box "Enter preference name",
enter "network.protocol-handler.app.http" No Quotes
4. In the pop-up dialog box ?"network.protocol-handler.app.http" enter /usr/bin/iceweasel

but why still not work as expected, the same as nothing being done
before,
There are more detailed instructions at the Mozilla site:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_Default_Browser#Setting_the_browser_that_opens_in_Thunderbird_-_Linux

Greetings,
Thanks, I will try.

Best wishes,