Re: take screen shot error

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 04:33:18PM +0800, lina wrote:
> Impossible to save the screenshot to file:///home/lina/Desktop.
>  Error was GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
> The name org.gnome.Nautilus was not provided by any .service files.
>  Please choose another location and retry.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,

I just have a little script bound to the Print Screen key.
I understand you are using XFCE, within which there is a
means of binding keys through some graphical interface, I believe.
(I use openbox, so just added the binding in my rc.xml).

The script simple does
#!/bin/bash

filedate=$(date +%m%d%y%H%M%S)

scrot $filedate.jpg

gthumb $filedate.jpg

exit

This creates a screenshot with scrot, with the filename
corresponding to the date-time (monthdayyearhourminuteseconds.jpg,
essentially), then opens it for preview in gthumb.
I have the script at /usr/local/bin/screeny
I have another script to swiftly scp it to my remote host for display,
and another to upload it to imgur, if I prefer.

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.net
All Tony, all the time!