Re: switching distributions, but keeping KDE... how do i migrate my email?

On Tuesday 18 December 2012 6:54:08 pm salamandir wrote:
> i am switching from kubuntu 12.04.1 to debian squeeze 2, but i'm keeping
> KDE,
>
> in the past, i have had considerable difficulty getting my email to migrate
> successfully when i upgrade, and i'm wondering if there is a "preferred"
> way to migrate/upgrade email that doesn't lose data in the process.

The first big question is what program do you use to read your mail?  Second is
where does that program store your mail?  Third, what are the settings for
that program?  Fourth, are you planning on using the same e-mail reading
program?

One issue you may have to face is how is your disk partitioned?  Is /home on a
separate partition?  (that really makes life easy.  If it isn't, you will find
out why)

Mark