Re: switching distributions, but keeping KDE... how do i migrate my email?

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 15:54 -0800, salamandir wrote:
> i am switching from kubuntu 12.04.1 to debian squeeze 2, but i'm
> keeping KDE,
>

> in the past, i have had considerable difficulty getting my email to
> migrate
>
> successfully when i upgrade, and i'm wondering if there is a
> "preferred" way
>
> to migrate/upgrade email that doesn't lose data in the process.

I'm not a KMail user, but I guess for KMail it should easily work to set
the path to the maildir directory by KMail's preferences. IOW, don't
keep home, make a backup of home, you could copy it to another partition
and then set the path to the maildir directory by the new installed
KMail with an install that has got a complete new home.

For Evolution's maildir I copy links to a new home, so I can use it with
different installs.