Re: Analog, domain not given and IPv6

Rob van der Putten:

> In my Analog web server statistics I get a lot of 'domain not
> given'. According to the docs this is caused by hostnames without a
> dot.
> In the case of an IP address without a (matching) reverse lookup,
> the 'hostname' is an IP address. And in case of IPv6, the IP address
> doesn't contain any dots (which may confuse Analog).
> Is this an analog bug? Do newer versions get this right?

I don't know about Analog, but I use webalizer which has a similar
problem with IPv6 addresses. Looks like a bug to me. AFAICS Analog's
latest upstream release is exactly eight years old today (Happy
Releaseday!) and Webalizer's is more than two years old. I wouldn't hold
my breath for any of them to get fixed.

J.
--
After the millenium I would tell lies only to those who deserved them.
[Agree]   [Disagree]