Re: Preseeding - keyboard-configuration issue

Brian wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Brian wrote:
> > > I think "auto" is a typo. It should be "auto=true".

You are right!

> > It is documented that "auto" is an alias for "auto-install/enable=true
> > priority=critical".  I don't think it is a typo.
>
> I have had a change of mind after thinking about this and now agree it
> is not a typo. You are expected to read and take in everything on that
> page. I manifestly didn't. But you pushed me to it. Thanks.

I just wrote almost the same thing in reverse in my other message
which I wrote before I read this!  Great minds think alike.  :-)

>    The following aliases can be useful when using (auto mode)
>    preseeding. Note that these are simply short aliases for
>    question names, and you always need to specify a value as
>    well: for example, auto=true or interface=eth0.
>
> No patch needed now. :)

Ah!  But wait!  See my other message because I am now reversed on this
too.  The examples showing "auto url=" with auto plain without a value
do not have the desired effect.  And the above saying it must have a
value (which experiments prove are needed) and so it must be
"auto=true url=..." not "auto url...".  So I think we are back to
needing a doc patch again!

Bob