Re: Laptop battery life with 64 bit

On 12/18/2012 02:45 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Daniel Dalton wrote:
But should the knew kernel really improve battery life by apparently
5-6 hours (according to powertop)
Five to six hours of improvement would be a very large amount.
Probably more than is reasonable.  But smaller amounts would not be
unusual.

My cpu is in average 10/15 degrees warmer when using the kernel 3.2 and 3.6 than it is using kernels 3.4 or 3.5, according to lm-sensors. I have been able to save my laptop's (Asus U46) battery life very for the past year by checking this and using only kernels that leave the temperature low.