Re: Need detialed info on preseeding

On 12/16/12 6:40 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
>>
>> On the topic of pkgsel/include:
>>
>> Here is an example from my preseed configuration:
>>
>> d-i pkgsel/include string dnsutils less nvi openssh-server postfix
>> rsync sudo
>>
>> All of those packages will be installed. Any dependencies that they
>> declare will be installed. The effect will be very similar to running
>> this command:
>>
>> # apt-get install -y dnsutils less nvi openssh-server postfix rsync
>> sudo
>
> Similar as a "a Cadillac is similar to a Pinto" ;/
> I was looking for something similar to a manpage.
> http://manpages.debian.net did not have an entry for "pkgsel/include"
> nor "preseed/late_command".

That's like expecting a man page for "apt-get install"! Perhaps there ought to be a man page for "d-i"...

You've now had a few threads about preseeding on this list and you've been pointed to the documentation on [1] and [2].

In the particular case of installing packages via preseeding there's this from [3]:

# Individual additional packages to install
#d-i pkgsel/include string openssh-server build-essential

This is like any preseed-like system where the CLI "<pkg-installer> openssh-server" has a different syntax within preseed/kickstart/jumpstart.

1. Installer

http://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.amd64/

2. Preseeding

http://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.amd64/apbs04.html