Re: NFS automount not happening [solution confirmed]

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=680403

> - ASYNCMOUNTNFS in /etc/default/rcS (see rcS(5)).  The fact this
>   option exists indicates a problem.  The basic NFS mounting at
>   boot should Just Work in all situations, without gross hacks
>   like this.
>
> - There are currently two places where NFS filesystem mounting
>   can be triggered: /etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs (triggered by
>   ipup/udev) and /etc/init.d/mountnfs.sh.  There should ideally
>   be just a single script, which should cater for all cases; the
>   other script can just run the other.
>
> - NetworkManager from what I've observed from other bugs reports
>   is hopelessly broken with NFS mounting at boot.

Not really hopelessly broken. What of course doesn't work is mounting
/usr via nfs in combination with NM since NM resides on /usr.

Other than that, NFS volumes are mounted via the usual if-up.d hooks you
mentioned above.
The thing that broke here, is that Andrew added a ADDRFAM check to the
mountnfs hook which clashes with NM uses of ADDRFAM.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?