node.js npm and buster

I am trying to setup buster.js to run under node.js in Debian Sid. The buster.js video shows a guy on a mac do it in a few seconds.

What I so far have discovered with Debian is

1) Node.js is not run as "node" (which the buster.js package assumes). Instead it runs as nodejs

2) npm install -g installs the package in /usr/local/lib/node_modules rather than in /usr/lib/node_modules. There is a comment in the README.Debian of npm which cryptically mentions using npm link in the package directory, but I tried that and managed to apparently delete the package from /usr/local/lib/node_modules

Can someone give me some definitive instructions of getting buster.js to run in Debian

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk