Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

On Vi, 07 dec 12, 23:49:56, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> What if you have a package that specifically depends on ia32-libs?
> Specifically icaclient (citrix) which I use to connect to me work
> computer from home.

ia32-libs will still be kept as a transitional package, however it will
depend on all i386 libraries it used to contain, so the net effect will
be mostly the same.

If you want to uninstall the unneeded libraries you could either use
dpkg --force-depends to install the non-Debian package or better use
equivs to build a dummy package to fulfill the dependency, but in both
cases you will need to take care that the actually needed libraries are
installed (e.g. as dependencies of your dummy package).

Kind regards,
Andrei