Re: Quest: Moving IDE drives between machines

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 12:06 -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> * I have not tested this. Not responsible if it lets the magic smoke
> out of your computer :-)

No exciting explosion, fire and smoke will happen. I can't speak for
Windows, but Linux will work or it will not work. If it won't work, then
regarding to a wrong order of the devices, or if a 64-bit kernel is
installed and the new machine is a 32-bit machine, on another disk a
partition has got the same UUID or label ...