Re: Printer brand recommendations

* Tyler D <tdowg1@gmail.com> [121129 19:30]:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
> > On 26 Nov 2012, Curt Howland wrote:
> At least for my specific printer, Brother has put out Linux drivers...

Recently I picked up a "close-out" special -- a Brother laser printer
with Brother's Postscript-3 emulation built-in.

I did not immediately find a CUPS Postscript "Brother" driver which
works with for the printer, but it took only a half hour of
experimentation to discover that one of the HP Postscipt drivers works
very well.

I since have found a Brother driver for the specific model, but I have
not bothered to install it, because the HP Postscript driver works so
well.

RH