Re: alix (pcengines) build up

On Wednesday 28 Nov 2012, binary dreamer wrote:

> hi.

> i am looking to build debian for my system ALIX (pcengines) all flavors,

> especially for the ones without vga.

> i am looking to create two partitions. the first will have the system and

> will be read only. writable it has to be only on demand, such remountrw to

> enable it.

> the second partition it needs to be read-write an empty space.

> i neet to create an embedded system with ALIX in a CF. Due to cf

> limitations i have to extend its life by disabling the read-writes all the

> time.

> is there a simple guide to create such a system?

For what its worth, I have had some Compulab and then old WRAP boards running

on MIDE and CF drives with raw Debian for up to 11 years. I have had a

few MIDEs give up on me but it is hard to tell exactly why. I have never had

a CF give up. These systems are running with R/W root, and logging in the

normal way. They are formatted using ext3.

David