Re: alix (pcengines) build up

Le Mer 28 novembre 2012 8:13, binary dreamer a écrit :
> hi.
>
> i am looking to build debian for my system ALIX (pcengines) all flavors,
> especially for the ones without vga. i am looking to create two
> partitions. the first will have the system and will be read only. writable
> it has to be only on demand, such remountrw to enable it. the second
> partition it needs to be read-write an empty space.
>
> i neet  to create an embedded system with ALIX in a CF. Due to cf
> limitations i have to extend its life by disabling the read-writes all
> the time.
>
> is there a simple guide to create such a system?

A simple guide? I do not know.

Sounds like you will have to remove all log systems, put /var, /tmp and
/home in the writable partition and other stuff in the read only one.
To not use a swap is also a good idea if you need to avoid writes (simply
do not create a swap partition should be ok).
The problem is that I do not know if it is possible to mount folders of a
partition...

But you might also run into hardware issues, I do not know, as I have no
knowledge on ALIX systems.