Error upgrading debian installation from stable to testing : malformed Release file?

Hi all,

I have an installation of debian stable I am trying to upgrade to testing.

I have updated sources.list to testing/wheezy but when I do apt-get upgrade I get the following error:
=====
W: Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/testing/Release  Unable to
find expected entry  mayin/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file
(malformed Release file?)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
======

I thought this might be a transient issue but I tried the upgrade yesterday as well as again today.

Does anyone know what is the correct list/bug tracker where I should report the problem if the issue is with the repository instead of my test laptop.

Regards,

Tim.

The full apt-get update log is:
====
# apt-get update
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates Release.gpg
Ign http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/contrib Translation-en
Ign http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/contrib Translation-en_AU
Ign http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/main Translation-en
Ign http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/main Translation-en_AU
Ign http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/non-free Translation-en
Ign http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/non-free Translation-en_AU
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates Release
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main Sources
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/contrib Sources
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/non-free Sources
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/contrib amd64 Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/non-free amd64 Packages
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates Release.gpg
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/contrib Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/contrib Translation-en_AU
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/main Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/main Translation-en_AU
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/non-free Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/non-free Translation-en_AU
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates Release
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates/main Sources
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates/contrib Sources
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates/non-free Sources
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates/contrib amd64 Packages
Hit http://ftp.debian.org wheezy-updates/non-free amd64 Packages
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org testing Release.gpg
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/contrib Translation-en
Get:1 ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/contrib Translation-en_AU
Ign ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/contrib Translation-en_AU
Get:2 ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/mayin Translation-en
Ign ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/mayin Translation-en
Get:3 ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/mayin Translation-en_AU
Ign ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/mayin Translation-en_AU
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/non-free Translation-en
Get:4 ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/non-free Translation-en_AU
Ign ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ testing/non-free Translation-en_AU
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org testing Release
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org testing/main Sources/DiffIndex
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org testing/contrib Sources/DiffIndex
Hit ftp://ftp.au.debian.org testing/non-free Sources/DiffIndex

#

====