Re: OT: Seeking Advice on Purchasing a Laptop

On Vi, 23 nov 12, 07:25:29, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2012 23 Nov 05:43 -0600, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > Thinkpad. Avoid ATI graphics if possible.
> Why?

The free driver seems to be good, but low performance. I've had issues
with the non-free driver.

If you don't care about performance Intel chips will serve you just as
good (and probably be cheaper). If you need maximum performance Nvidia
with the non-free driver is better in my experience.
Kind regards,