Re: Outrageous sexism. Was: Re: Mail client, threads, etc...

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 16:34 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>> On Wednesday 21 November 2012 15:51:24 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> > Or a woman. I hope this isn't too sexist.
>>
>> It is, extremely.  My husband says do you not think a woman is humanum as
>> well?
>>
>> I'm going to protect myself from you by kill-filing you.  You are utterly,
>> utterly beyond the pale.
>
> Since I'm kill-filed you can't read it any more. Apologize! But I
> already explained that I guess men and women are human and that's why
> mistakes happen.
>

>>> - Errare humanum est, but to make a big mistake, you need a
>>> computer ;)
>>
>>:D
>>
>>Or a woman. I hope this isn't too sexist.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Ralf

Use of smiley face should point this was just a joke. As we can see in
this first use in 1982:

--------- original -----------
19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman             :-)
From: Scott E  Fahlman <Fahlman at Cmu-20c>

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

Read it sideways.  Actually, it is probably more economical to mark
things that are NOT jokes, given current trends.  For this, use

:-(

------- end --------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon

Please, don't take this too serious. And he also apologizes.

My best,
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

--> . <--

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it
everyone you love, everyone you know..." (Carl Sagan, 1934-1996)