Re: Guide / Tools

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 03:29:20 +1300
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:05:33AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > galculator
> > is very good, if you have a num pad where the "." is a ",", OTOH
> > gcalctool does completely display what you typed.
>
> Whats wrong with bc/dc? :)

German keyboard for an English Linux:

spinymouse@q:~$ bc
bc 1.06.95
Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 Free Software
Foundation, Inc. This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
1+1,1
(standard_in) 1: syntax error
1+1.1
2.1

The num pad on the German keyboard has got a "," instead of a ".".

Regards,
Ralf

PS: I wonder a little bit about everyday commands. For me jackd is an
everyday command, but I won't mention jackd in this context and IMO
make is something we shouldn't mention too. Perhaps we all should
ping the same Micrsoft server at the same time.