systemd hangs on fstab "directory" bindmount

Package: systemd
Version: 44-5
Control: submitter -1 zen@freedbms.net

On 20.11.2012 13:43, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 11/20/12, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
>> On 11/20/12, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:
>>> You mentioned, that you use some sort of encryption.
>>> Posting more details (fstab, cryptab, etc) might help.
>>> I suspect your problem is related to that.
>> fstab:
>> # / was on /dev/sda5 during installation # about 80GB
>> UUID=e73a71d3-a391-40bc-9d45-55fa72f245c1 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
>> # /boot was on /dev/sda3 during installation # about 300MB
>> UUID=75e1d222-c9df-4d10-93de-9da4cf005158 /boot ext2 defaults 0 2
>> # swap was on /dev/sda6 during installation # about 3GB
>> UUID=25d4ff20-1c78-4e1d-bd2a-2a0060e85f9a none swap sw 0 0
>
> OK, here's my bad, I ignored /media/usb* entries (which are not
> relevant here), but also ignored two bind mount entries as follows (in
> hindsight, guess I was rushing), which are the "systemd bug" exposing
> culprits:
>
> /zenlocal/zen/justa /home/justa none
> bind,uid=1000,gid=1000,comment=systemd.automount 0 0
>
> /zenlocal/zen/ /home/justa/zen none
> bind,uid=1000,gid=1000,comment=systemd.automount 0 0

This setup is pretty weird, I have to say. Those bind mounts overlap
each other

> #[This setup provides for me to separate cruft in ~, /home/justa in
> this case, from "my real files/ work files", which is /zenlocal/zen
> bindmounted as ~/zen in this case.
> This setup provides a very simple way to cleanly reinstall, then add a
> few symlinks (after these two bindmounts), and we're off to the
> races...]
>
> Commenting out the second bindmount above sees systemd hang just the same.
> Removing both, systemd starts fine.
> So it's not a "systemd-induced bindmount circular-dependency problem",
> but simply an systemd's inability to handle plain directory (not
> device??) bindmounts.
>
> As before:
> $ systemctl --version
> systemd 44
> debian
> +PAM +LIBWRAP +AUDIT +SELINUX +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP
>
> debian wheezy, systemd 44-5
>
> Can someone please forward this to the systemd devs. It appears quite
> easy to test.

Let's turn this into a bug report then, otherwise this issue will just
be forgotten

universe are pointed away from Earth?