Re: OpenVPN setup woes
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: OpenVPN setup woes
- From: Chris Bannister <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:14:54 +1300
- Message-id: <20121119111454.GA6095@tal>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 10:14:16AM -0700, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> From: Tony van der Hoff <email@example.com>
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:01:13 +0000
> > I'm trying, without much success so far, to set up an OpenVPN server on
> > my Squeeze VPS.
> Here OpenVPN works with static key encryption. These notes might help.
The requested URL /NetworksPage.html was not found on this server.
> By the way, this excerpt from the openvpn.man might
> be pertinent.
> " --tls-server
> Enable TLS and assume server role during TLS handshake. Note
> that OpenVPN is designed as a peer-to-peer application. The
> designation of client or server is only for the purpose of nego-
> tiating the TLS control channel."
I believe OP's problem was due to the shorewall firewall dropping the
connection attempts. How is your post related to this problem?
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people
who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the
oppressing." --- Malcolm X