Re: http://wiki.debian.org/Self-Signed_Certificate ...

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 07:55:53AM +0100, Cosme Domínguez Díaz wrote:
> /etc/apache2/ssl/localcerts/ is only an example directory where you
> can put apache.pem file.
>
> What matters is that path of SSLCertificateFile should exist in the system.

I would add:
And that apache be told where to find them.
On my main production server I have them in /etc/ssl/localcerts
I think /etc/ssl is a directory created by default on debian systems.
At least, I don't recall putting it there.
But, as indicated above, you can pretty well stick your certs anywhere
you like, so long as apache can access them and your apache configs
tell it where to find them.

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me