Re: Grub and Wireless Keyboard

Le 13.11.2012 00:32, Dr Beco a écrit :
Dear us*x,

Last week my keyboard broke, and I bought a wireless set
keyboard+mouse that comes with a usb transmitter.

Yesterday I realize I can not chose an item from the grub menu during boot.

My other desktop has today a bluetooth keyboard, that also do not
work. My old machine has a PS/2 mini-dim that doesn't fit on the
others also.

So, unless I spend more money to buy a keyboard just to use once a
year to boot a different item in grub menu, or lend a keyboard from a
neighbor, I cannot boot other options for now.

Hopefully, I don't need... :) I deleted windows partition a while ago
(more than I can recall).

But, still... Is there any solution? Maybe something to add grub a
functionality?

Specially, the wireless keyboard, I think it should work. After all,
it is just a USB keyboard from the system's perspective, isn't it?

Thanks!
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

--> . <--

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it
everyone you love, everyone you know..." (Carl Sagan, 1934-1996)

Are you able to use that keyboard before grub? By example, to go in BIOS setup...
If not, so your keyboard could be more than a simple usb keyboard.
If yes, I guess that grub have the problem, and I have no idea about how to fix it except using another boot loader (lilo or syslinux, by example).

Maybe UEFI versions of boot loaders could help also. Not sure about that thought, I have not wireless things here (I have heard of enough friends running out of power in the middle of a game to avoid that, even if I do not really play often now... I can use my computer without mouse, but not without keyboard).