Re: restart problems monitor or GPU

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 03:00:01 +0100
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> or even a BIOS setting

OK Chris, I have to eat humble pie here, it was a BIOS setting. Something about a
setting in the plug-and-play versus the BIOS..this setting got changed to letting
the BIOS decide what's what.

 I had to set it back to enabling plug-and-play..heretofore considered the realm of
windows it has consequences with Debian too at least on my particular
BIOS..something American, came with the motherboard.

Anyway, butt was saved with the latest version of Rescatux that included Super Grub
2. I can recommend this disk in anyone's tool box.

all the best,

CK