Re: Where is CC and why do my downloads not find it?
- To: Debian User <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Where is CC and why do my downloads not find it?
- From: Tom H <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:17:48 -0400
- Message-id: <CAOdo=SyWjtFxCEWq0crG2u4K1rfw1ooDj-pj8i0auHBgBZH+6Q@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAPCwVjat0HkWhWpyLtJPLysPkePfxZLkamTYjX242Auyu==5oQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAPCwVjat0HkWhWpyLtJPLysPkePfxZLkamTYjX242Auyu==5oQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Samuel Morgan <email@example.com> wrote:
> I recently installed DEBIAN Linux on my 386 PC and then
> tried to install an Apache web server, as I have on Mac and
> Windows, binary and it asked for a C compiler. Where do I get,
> if I really need, a CC binary pre-built?
Install gcc and make; or build-essential.
Why do you want to compile apache from source?