Re: Where is CC and why do my downloads not find it?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 07:29:41PM +0000, Samuel Morgan wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I recently installed DEBIAN Linux on my 386 PC and then
> tried to install an Apache web server, as I have on Mac and
> Windows, binary and it asked for a C compiler.

How did you install apache?  It sounds like you downloaded some random
binary off the internet, rather than simply apt-get installing it...

There should be no need for downloading the Apache sources and
building it from source - just use the pre-built apache from Debian..

> Where do I get,
> if I really need, a CC binary pre-built?  Seems a bit like
> the chicken and the egg.

It's debian - it's all pre-built. If you need a compiler, apt-get
install gcc. But really: sounds like you've got a really weird apache
there..

Hope this helps

Regards
--