Re: compiling a Debian package

On Wednesday 31 October 2012 03:23:42 lee wrote:
> Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> writes:
> >>
> >> Cinelerra is not in Debian, and I haven't been able to compile it, so
> >> the only source for it is dmo.  You can't even watch a DVD with what's
> >> in Debian.
> >
> > Are you referring to libdvdcss2? AFAIUI, there is an ITP out to package
> > an installer for it. ... ahh here it is:
>
> Yes, and it's still not in Debian testing, besides other software.  Just
> saying that everything is deprecated isn't a solution; it only means
> that Debian is deprecated.

You seem to be very unhappy with Debian.  Why _are_ you still using it?  You
could save your data and install something else.  And granted that you would
have to set it up from scratch, at least you wouldn't have to cope with
something you find as irritating as you do Debian and the way you see it as
going.

Lisi