Re: motion: problem finding codec
On 10/21/2012 08:12 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 10:12:45PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
>> Here is what appears to have changed since my last night's upgrade:
>> [UPGRADE] ffmpeg:amd64 7:0.11.1-dmo5 -> 7:1.0-dmo1
>> [UPGRADE] gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg:amd64 0.10.13-5 -> 1:0.10.13-dmo1
>> [UPGRADE] libxine2-ffmpeg:amd64 1.2.2-4 -> 1:1.2.2-dmo3
>> [UPGRADE] libavcodec54:amd64 7:0.11.1-dmo5 -> 7:1.0-dmo1
>> [UPGRADE] libavdevice54:amd64 7:0.11.1-dmo5 -> 7:1.0-dmo1
>> [UPGRADE] libavformat54:amd64 7:0.11.1-dmo5 -> 7:1.0-dmo1
>> [UPGRADE] libavutil51:amd64 7:0.11.1-dmo5 -> 7:1.0-dmo1
>> Could this have broken motion?
> You said something "out of the blue" stopped motion working, when in
> fact it was an upgrade.
Didn't realize the update could have borked it till after I wrote my OP.
That is why I followed up with new information when I discovered new facts.
> My suggestion(s):
> (1) remove deb-multimedia.org from /etc/apt/sources.list
> (2) purge all deb-multimedia.org packages.
> (3) reinstall motion.
Okay, I will try to give it a shot, subject to that removal of those
package doesn't really trigger removal of a host of other packages.
Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.