Re: Advice on system purchase

Worrier Poet <Worrier.Poet@comcast.net> writes:

> It seems that it is a good point that, computer power vs power
> consumption considerations aside, it's a good idea to at least consider
> AMD when choosing a new system.

For a graphics card?  ATI cards have always been horribly troublesome.
I'd be willing to try an AMD graphics card if I got one for free, and
unless they can prove as trouble free, as well supported with drivers
and giving at least the same performance and durability for the same
money as NIVIDA cards have for over a decade, I have no reason to buy
one, and my recommendation is to run away from them *fast*.

> But the current status of drivers for Ethernet, wireless, and graphics
> certainly makes it easy for me to get Intel systems that work with
> Debian main repository only.

Well, what's the alternative to NVIDIA cards with their drivers?  I
don't know of any.

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch