Re: Advice on system purchase

On 10/28/2012 01:40 PM, Doug wrote:
On 10/28/2012 03:49 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
/snip/
Marc Shapiro wrote:
OI don't know if this makes a difference, but... While this is a home machine there are three of us here. Myself, my wife and daughter. We are all logged in all the time and we are all running separate X sessions all the time.
/snip/

If you build a powerful machine with 8 cores, can't you make it a server, with two more terminals, so the wife and daughter can log in and work while you do? I don't know how to do that, but there must be some Unix maven here who cah=n tell you.
That would be nice, but we do not have the space to set up the extra keyboards and monitors.

Marc