Re: Mail clients

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 05:58:59PM +0200, lee wrote:
> Mutt isn't designed with the concept of folders in mind.  It merely
> acknowledges the concept because the mails need to be stored
> /somewhere/.

You mean it doesn't work out of the box and requires some configuration?
Hey, JFYI most good software is like that. It is designed with the
concept of directories, which is the Unix/Linux equivalent of the
Win/Mac concept of folders.

Have you *actually* looked at the configuration options available with
mutt?

> There isn't much I could elaborate.  I was told mutt can be configured

So you never bothered looking yourself.

> to make it less awkward to use with imap and I never bothered to figure

Of course it has to be configured, just like any other software!

> out how to do that because I never really used it with imap because mutt
> is so awkward to use with imap :)

Oh, now you are saying you have never really used it with imap.

Well, I have, and it works a treat thankyou very much.

Please don't spread FUD. If you don't know don't guess. Or at least
state that it is a personal problem that it didn't work for you and that
it is not a generally held belief.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X