Re: Wally Lepore

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 06:00:35PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Chris Bannister writes:
> > Last I looked, Gnus was a newsreader...
>
> You didn't look very closely.  Gnus works quite well for both news and
> email and offers all the advantages of a newsreader such as groups,
> killfiles, scoring, and threading.  It is intended to be used for both.

Ahh. OK, Should I have said "Last I looked, Gnus was a newsreader but if
you jump through a few hoops and get used to a different paradigm it can
be used as an MUA. If you know, and enjoy LISP then configuring it
will be an enjoyable experience."?

> > ...and requires emacs to be installed.
>
> So what?

A newcomer to Linux who is advised to use Gnus, should at least be
warned that they will be installing emacs.

I will add that, if anyone does take the emacs+gnus route they will have
a powerful and versatile system which a lot of developers/users swear by.

On the other hand, a lot of developers/users swear by the vim+mutt route.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X