Re: Error after booting default kernel version

2012-10-21 18:34, Gábor Hársfalvi skrev:
2012/10/20 Johan Grönqvist<johan.gronqvist@gmail.com>:
2012-10-20 10:44, Gábor Hársfalvi skrev:

Good! Now you know exactly what edits to what config files that you need to
undo.

"Now you know exactly what edits to what config files that you need to
undo." ->  Yes, I tried that but nothing helped yet.

"the boot config for the 686 kernel." ->  Where and how could I repair this?

Did you ensure that the line starting with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub reads
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
and put a # at the beginning of the "GRUB_GFXMODE" line
then run "update-grub2" again (as root or using sudo)?

Did you remove the line "uvesafb mode_option=1400x1050-24 mtrr=3 scroll=ywrap" (or similar) from /etc/initramfs-tool/modules
then run "update-initramfs -u" (as root or using sudo) again?

(I had a typo in the first mail, and I may have one again, but the above should describe undoing the edits from the guide.)

I would have expected that your installation would boot normally again after that.

Regards

Johan