Re: Error after booting default kernel version

2012-10-20 10:44, Gábor Hársfalvi skrev:
I've used this tutorial ->
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60019 - yesterday, and
after reboot the playmouth animation worked but before it arrived
login screen it showed me a black blank screen with a flashing cursor
- not mouse - and after more waiting it stayed there too.

Good! Now you know exactly what edits to what config files that you need to undo.

I reboot after it and start with a previous kernel version number -
the number ends with 486, not 686 - with Rescue Mode. It started and
after Ctrl+D - when it needs - it booted the gui succesfully and
everything worked well.

So it sounds to me like there is no problem with your system as a whole, just the boot config for the 686 kernel.

I would like to start the computer with the newest available kernel
version number, what ends with 686, and what were the default when I
started the system before, but it doesn't work and give me the error
screen what I mentioned before.

Please give me help to repair this to boot the computer normally as
before it was happenned.

I would:

Start the system the way you can, via rescue mode.

Undo the edits you made before. It might be enough to replace

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset video=uvesafb:mode_option=1400x1050-24,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap"

by

CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"

Run the same update-initramfs and update-grub commands as you did when following the guide.

Hope it helps

Johan