Re: please put not all into multiarch!

On 10/20/2012 6:10 PM, lee wrote:
John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> writes:

Lisi writes:
A bug report can, I believe, be a request for something that is not
there.

Yes.  It's called a "wishlist" bug and it is one of the choices offered
by reportbug.

I have already sent a bug report, and it is being ignored.

So it really does work to use the driver from NVIDIAs website?  What
else do you need to have installed for it to work?  If it does, I will

You need to be able to build kernel modules, e.g. m-a, build-essential, the version of gcc that matches the version used to compile the kernel, kernel headers, dkms, that sort of thing, etc. The nvidia blob for 64-bit comes with a 32-bit compatibility library, and the installer will ask you if you want to install those as well (it's optional). You have to recompile the kernel modules every time the kernel is updated, if that changes the ABI, which is not unusual at all. (This is true of the Non-free glx package as well.)