Re: Install Debian on a UEFI-motherboard ?

Tom Rausner wrote:
>Hi Folks.
>I have a tower PC with a serious motherboard problem.
>It is unable to pass data from one place (say the harddisk)
>to another (say a CDROM), without drowning it in errors.
>I think some pathways in the motherboard is broken, so I want to
>replace it. BUT most of the motherboards on the market doesn't
>have an old-style BIOS, they've got the UEFI-thing. So the question
>is; can I replace my motherboard with one infested with the UEFI-thing
>and get a Debian install to work on it ?

Hi Tom,

I know we're a few weeks on from when you asked, but...

As of today, we now have official debian-installer test CDs that
should work for installing on UEFI systems. See

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/10/msg00007.html

for more details about the release.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews