Re: can't create an UDF file system on a CD-RW

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Thank you Slavko :)
>
> On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 21:32 +0200, I wrote:
>> Oops, yes I meant DVD-RAM. Sometimes they worked like a charm, but for
>> many installs I couldn't get them working. I guess today DVD-RAM
>> anyway is completely obsolet.
>
> I guess I'm mistaken, on some installs they worked like a charm and on
> most installs they were to slow. Really slow, IIRC copying 1kB still
> wasn't done after an hour or something strange like that.
>
> Perhaps interesting to play with those DVD-RAM monsters.

Interesting that several people here have DVD-RAM, I don't know anyone
personally that has one. It sounds like it was an interesting beast,
too bad it pretty much died out.

> OT: A Linux
> audio penpal some minutes ago mentioned something else to play with. The
> Rasberry Pi, unfortunately it's twice as expensive as promised by the
> hype and I hardly have enough money to survive. However, this Rasberry
> thingy does siren calls ;).

Raspberry Pi is cool (not my cup of tea, but cool nonetheless). It
looks like it is selling for 35 USD, which is what I always heard
quoted.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers