Re: can't create an UDF file system on a CD-RW

Ahoj,

Dňa Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:33:35 +0200 Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> napísal:

> I experienced two "things" as problematic with Linux.
> CD-RAM and independent from the CD-RAM issue, UDF too.

I have no experiences with udftool and CD-RW, only with DVD-RAM.

I was playing with this a long time ago, but i was success with DVD-RAM.
I tried take look into my notes, but i found only this now:

**************************
Not starting udftools packet writing: No devices listed in /etc/default/udftools

mkudffs --media-type=dvdram -r 0x0150 --utf8 --vid=DiskName --lvid=MyName /dev/dvdram
**************************

The 1,5 revision (-r 0x0150) was for usage under windows, where was no
support for newest revisions. By my notes, the "vid" is used under
Windows and the "lvid" is used under Linux, but i am not sure for this.

Don't forget to set the proper permissions after FS creating (mine was
only for root). But finally i am using the FAT for DVD-RAM, because
there was some problems with sharing the files between more accounts.

Hope this help you.

regards

--
Slavko