[ RAID-MD-ISSUE ]

I am trying to create Raid1. I have got three hard disks. On one of the hard disk I have installed debian. And on my other two hard disks I want to do Raid1. I have checked their smartctl and they are fine.

My System Configuration is

Debian version debian-6.0.5-amd64

I formatted both the other two hard disks which are 160 GB each and then I installed the package mdadm 3.1.4 . lsmod shows md_mod.

I tried to create raid with the command below

#mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1  ( This command does not work so ran the command below )

#mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1

#mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

I booted the system with single user mode and then I formatted

#mkfs.ext4 -L home /dev/md0

When I rebooted the machine and checked  cat /proc/mdstat  ( does not show active raid devices )

Please guide me where have I gone wrong.

regards

Kaushik Soni