Re: A puzzle with internet time and NIST time

Am 16.10.2012 um 18:54 schrieb Doug:

If you live within the coverage area and
your WWVB clock is unable to synchronize, it usually means a source of radio interference is near the receiver. Some common culprits are computer monitors (some have a scan rate at or very close to 60 kHz), noisy AC wiring, fluorescent lamps, or nearby power
lines, transformers, or radio transmitters.

Also large soundboxes, machinery can disturb the signal.

I also experienced an unusual problem (because its unusual to have so many receivers): I positioned 3 receivers with antennas tuned to the same frequency in a line with a small distance between them. Then they disturbe each other. Around 10 cm (4 inches) distance between them solved the problem.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer