Re: Evolution: A warning about mbox data corruptions

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 18:18 +0200, lee wrote:
> Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net> writes:
>
> > This is intended as a warning on all users of the Evolution MUA that it
> > contains a bug since years that leads to irrecoverably corruptions on
> > any "From_" lines in mails.
>
> Using mbox to store mails seems prone to corruption by design, not to
> mention other disadvantages.  It circumvented the problem of
> significantly decreased performance for instances when there were many
> files in the same directory file systems which are now pretty obsolete
> had.
>
> Since quite some time, you can use maildir or nnml instead.

You can assume that the OP is aware of this, but seemingly an old GNOME
user. FWIW I testet Evolution 3.6 on the Ubuntu Studio Quantal RC and
I'm not using mbox. 3.6 is completely borked. Time to get rid of all
GNOME stuff, which isn't easy when several installs share mails. It's
impossible to switch from Evolution simply to Mutt or what ever, maildir
isn't that super-compatible as everybody claims.