Re: Creative /etc/X11/xorg.conf

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 12:41 -0500, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> Section "Files"

redundant

> Section "InputDevice"

redundant

>     HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
>     VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0

Unlikely that this frequencies would be that high, that they literally
could blow up expensive monitor transistors ;). I suspect those settings
likely to be to low for most monitors and yes, perhaps this will cause
some errors.

Btw. I can't see anything cryptic in the xorg.conf you posted.

Currently there are a lot of changes for X upstream. because I use
different distros I again switched the graphics and regarding to the
distro I've got working and not working xorg.confs.

I would like to know a distro with a LTS version for X ;). Many distros
still support 2.6 kernels as LTS packages, but AFAIK no distro really
does support a LTS version for X. Yep, Arch for example does support
different repositories for X, but a user anyway can't simply mix the
regular repositories with those special X repositories without manually
fixing many issues.

Regards,
Ralf