Creative /etc/X11/xorg.conf

For those of you running nouveau as your video driver with the gnome desktop you
wont know about the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file but for all us others there is
considerable latitude for creativity in this file and its results on one's X11
desktop.  Take for instance Mark Allums in a letter of the 1st Oct, 2012 where he
says:

>Anyway, what you are looking for is in its own package, named, oddly
>enough, nvidia-xconfig.

If you had created you own X11.conf file before, this package will create another
one considerably fancier different and cryptic from yours.

However after trying this package, and applying the file it created to my system,
everything worked well until I tried to use any of my non-free software namely
spotify and softmaker-office. At that point there would a seg-fault and not one of
those simple ones where the program flashes in front of you before disappearing,
this was instead the seg-fault from hell removing themselves from the screen
and killing the x-server and destroying keyboard communication. There wasn't even a
terminal after the X-session ended. The only solution was to punch out like the old
windows days.

I mention this because a seg-fault from any software I've used on Debian has never
done this before. So..my question might be are the coders of nvidia-xconfig some
kind of debian talaban who have created this to react to non-free software or was
that just a coincidence? Since nvidia itself it non-free software that seems
unlikely.

Here's the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file created by the package: nvidia-xconfig:

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 304.48  (pbuilder@cake)  Wed Sep 12 10:54:51 UTC 2012

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
    FontPath        "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Samsung"
    ModelName      "SyncMaster215TW"
    HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
    VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Can anyone see anything in this file that would blow up your computer?

By restoring my old /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to the fore, all was harmonious again.
I did not post my own /etc/X11/xorg.conf file because of its humble appearance
compared to this one created by nvidia-xconfig.

--
CK