Re: Exim4 behaviour when long term failure of outgoing address

On 10/10/12 09:49, Chris Davies wrote:
4. Failure (bounce) message to root@avalon is being lost - and this is the issue at stake
Absolutely correct.

I think I have discovered - at least part of the problem - maybe the whole thing.

The inaddr.arpa address for the IP address of my virtual server resolved to avalon.hartley-web.com a domain I dropped somewhile ago. It should be updating itself to avalon.hartley-consultants.com as we speak.

Also - I think I confused both Lee and yourself with the use of

77.96.120.60

as a relay domain

I don't actually pass through this virtual server normally - I normally use my ISPs normal mail server.  This was just so it was already pre-configured IF I SHOULD NEED IT.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk