Re: rtorrent on low_disk_space.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think you need registration there.
>
> I can not find the list! May, You know one?

>> What prelocate means? Preallocate disk space for torrent content?
>
> rtorrent takes disk space before it actually fills it w/ torrent data.
> I.e. torrent can be downloaded just 1% while on the disk it is located
> for whole 100%. - So, though there is little free space remain, yet the
> torrent can be successfully downloaded/uploaded already - but the
> amazing (uncontrollable for me) check, prevents that to happen.

Thanks. Which version are you using? I am using latest git revision on
FreeBSD and only selected files use disk space others are zero in
length. I wrote a little script which links rtorrent and libtorrent
statically and makes easy to use side-by-side with stable version.

Now I do not understand your logic. Do you want to download bigger
torrent than your free space? How? You need as much space as your
torrent because torrent needs your downloaded chunks. Or just select
files which you want to download and that occupies (nearly) as much
space as your selection.

Bye,