Re: rtorrent on low_disk_space.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Better to ask similar question on rtorrent list I think. How much free
>
> OK. I will try unless registration is needed. Otherwise we will wait,
> may somebody knows the trick.

I think you need registration there.

>> space do you have when rtorrent stops? I have this line in my
>> configuration:
>
>> schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=500M
>>
>> and working as intended. I do not see any M at the end of your line.
>> Might that a problem.
>
> I have really low space but:
>
> 1. rtorrent prelocates torrents - therefore, torrents can be and really
> are downloaded except this check that fight w/ in vain.

What prelocate means? Preallocate disk space for torrent content?

> 3. I would like to manage it, nevertheless, for example, to put limit
> to 100 MB instead.

Just change 500M to 100M. Or 1M if you like. But recommended not to
set it too low because rtorrent checks with a specified interval and
if your system fills your disk faster than free space within the
interval your disk becomes full earlier than next check.

Bye,