Re: apache2's handling of IP version 6

On 10/4/2012 12:06 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

>>> Is the apache2 daemon starting before the ipv6 part of the network
>>> configuration is completely up?
>>
>> His log error does seem to indicate Apache is starting before the ipv6
>> stack is available--one of the downsides of parallel init.
>
> Where did you see the log?

The OP pasted this in his 2nd post:

Starting web server: apache2[Thu Oct 04 01:02:03 2012]: [crit] (EAI
9)Address family for hostname not supported: Alloc_listener: failed to
set up sockaddr for pppp:qqqq:....:rrrr
Syntax error on line 2 of /etc/apache2/ports.conf
Listen setup failed.
Action 'start' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
 failed!

I think Chris Bannister is onto something.  I previously overlooked the
syntax error msg.  A syntax error would explain the socket setup
failure.  Probably something as simple as a typo in ports.conf.

--
Stan