Re: wanted: Debian Cloud hosting provider suggestions

On 10/04/12 11:01, John W. Foster wrote:
> ... Mediawiki server with all the supporting gadgets on a server in
> my office.

On 10/04/12 11:31, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
... i was happy with linode  ...

+1 for Linode:

    http://www.linode.com/

I ran a 3 page static web site for a political candidate for a few months earlier this year using Debian Squeeze and Apache on a Linode 512 instance for $20/month. The web interface was very functional, 512 MB of RAM was plenty, I only used 4 GB of the 20 GB available disk space, processors were overkill, connectivity was fast, and I had my own static IP. I seem to recall only one scheduled outage and zero unscheduled outages. Billing was accurate, and I was able to cancel the virtual host on the exact day I wanted and get a pro-rated refund on my next bill. I'll use Linode again.

David