wanted: Debian Cloud hosting provider suggestions

As the subject says. I have a Mediawiki server with all the supporting
gadgets on a server in my office. I want to move it to a very reliable
off site hosting provider. I run all of this system on stable Debian
linux except the Mediawiki and I use a standard tarball installation for
that. MySQL database also. I have been looking into some type of off
site remote server hosting provider...BUT there are many and I don't
have time to check out all of them. Also I don't find reviews all that
helpful as they are generally from non-technically skilled folks. I am
considering using a cloud server but have no experience with that. My
concern is scalability and access speed. The size of the database is
quite large, upwards of 1Gb now and growing. Reason for moving it from
my server is that I am currently using a system of dynamically hosted IP
addresses and require the use of unreliable services provided by outside
vendors in order to get the site to work. Not the vendors fault but my
IP provider's and I can NOT change them.
What I need from this list is suggestions from those of you who are
currently using, and satisfied with different hosting providers. I do
want them in the US and that is a requirement. Also CHEAP is a must.
Any ideas are welcome & I am not predisposed to any provider.
Thanks
John Foster